Federal Contracts Manager (Remote)
- Position Name: Federal Contract Manager
- Company: GC&E Systems Group, Inc.
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: Eight (8) or more years of federal contract administration experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience or a Bachelor's degree in pre-law, business administration or related field preferred
- Relocation Cost: None, position can work remotely
- Travel: Occasional travel
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to perform full range of contract/subcontract management and administration functions for the complete lifecycle of Federal, State, Local, and commercial contracts both in the US and internationally.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain an up-to- date working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS, other FAR supplements
- Creates contract/subcontract information based upon previous documents or research conducted. Negotiates and administers new contracts, changes, teaming agreements, and non-disclosure agreements in accordance with corporate and area of assignment policies. Reviews various complex documents, agreements and contracts for areas of improvement or revision; creates and revises documents as appropriate.
- Creates, prepares, reviews and edits contracts, new work orders, amendments, modifications and change orders of a high to medium complexity level and contract risk type. Analyzes documents to determine corporate risk; prepares and provides alternative approaches to mitigate the risk.
- Reviews contracts in area of assignment on a regular basis; advises managers regarding potential improvements or issues. Identifies course of action and works in conjunction with management to implement. Creates additional approaches to other contracts.
- Prepares appropriate contractual responses to meet applicable law and regulatory requirements as well as contractual requirements. Researches changes or revisions to understand approach.
- Retains currency on contract regulations and contract law in appropriate areas.
- Acts as expert in providing support and assistance in proposals for new business. Creates appropriate approach and draft documentation to facilitate process.
- Maintains contractual documents, files, correspondence, meeting minutes and other appropriate and applicable documents and corresponding logs.
- Works in conjunction with interdisciplinary team to ensure contractual requirements are met as determined by established deliverables; ensures adherence to those deliverables; communicates milestones and commitments.
- Acts as an interface and point of contact with the client and internal staff regarding contractual issues; resolves issues and communicates approach.
- Support periodic internal project audits, outside project audits by clients, and federal and state agency audits. Able to understand and coordinate implementation of Audit findings
- Coordinate and work effectively with business development, sales, and operations groups at determining and implementing contractual requirements associated with Programs/Projects
- Must possess the ability to manage and support multiple contract types and task orders concurrently and respond to project/client directives and requests involving financial information, contract compliance, project audit, project accounting, insurance, property and other administrative issues
- Ability to understand legal issue and to collaborate with Company legal counsel at solving contract related issues
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Work with Pricing to provide guidance for establishment of cost and pricing data for the development of proposals in accordance with customer’s request for proposals (RFP) specifications
- Prepare the contractual and administrative portions of any cost or business volume of a proposal to include, but not limited to: cover letter, financial statements, representations and certifications, sample contracts, or other terms & conditions
- Active participation in proposal development for new business opportunities with a focus on pre-award negotiations and post award implementation
- Due diligence in support of projects with new Clients/Teaming arrangements, Contract Risk Analysis, Contract task order proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contracts policy compliance, Project audits, Project property management and any other business related support required by the program/project management team
- Analyze and convey to management the necessary requirements of customers’ RFP
- Ensure adherence to the firm's signature authority policy, and facilitate approval of necessary and appropriate deviations
- Review and approve the application of accurate contract rate data in the preparation of proposal and contract information
- In conjunction with the Program/Project Manager, develop the negotiation strategy and plan/lead, and where appropriate conduct contract negotiations with the potential Client
- Develop risk mitigation strategies
- Coordinate with Program and Project operations teams to manage contractual responsibilities
- Provide continual review and administration of assigned documents to ensure potential issues are identified prior to becoming problems, determine and communicate whether all terms and conditions are being met, and ensure identified problems are communicated to leadership for resolution in a timely manner.
- Organize and manage contract documentation
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the customers’ contracting official
- Review and analyze contract documents to determine contractual obligations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in pre-law, business administration or related field preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of federal contract administration experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS, other FAR supp