Systems Administrator - Fort Rucker, AL
||Fort Rucker, AL
|SCA Wage Category:
||Regular Full TIme
|Security Clearance Status:
||Active or Able to Obtain
|Security Clearance Type:
||Secret with SBBI
|US Citizenship Required:
GC&E: As the System Administrator, you will have an expert understanding of system Servers to include Storage Area Network Servers (SAN), Network Attached Servers (NAS) and replication software in physical and virtual environment for both classified and unclassified environments. You will perform hardware/software support for file, print, thin client, and common user application servers, and server farms. You will provide touch labor, troubleshooting, and hardware installation and configuration for new and repurposed equipment and ensure all IAVA patching and security actions are conducted as required.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Manage File access control permissions
- Coordinate file access with customers
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to government policies.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Manage servers and data
- Monitor and troubleshoot all servers for availability
- Plan and schedule the installation of Government-approved, new or modified hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Test government-provided software and continually review IT hardware and software to ensure it is responsive to end user needs
- Administer accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Maintain, update and correct systems configurations to resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance with SSBI
- Computing environment certification
- Experience with MCSA
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2
- Windows Server 2003
- SQL Database and Linux vBrick
- SCCM/SCOM Experience
- NAS/SAN Equipment Experience
- Domain Controller/DHCP/Remote Access Controller Experience
- Army Golden Master Program
- IAVA and RMF accreditation knowledge
- DNS Registration Knowledge
- Experience with system upgrades and end user instrument configuration
- MS Office Suite Proficient
It is the policy of GC&E to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We maintain a drug-free work place and pre-employment drug testing is required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.