We are seeking an experienced network engineer to work at Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico. Attractive compensation package to include excellent pay, benefits package, and paid vacation. The candidate must have the ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
Duties: Network Engineer:
- Analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of Network infrastructure and application components.
- Performs a wide variety of network evaluations, maintenance, installations and ensure the network performance meets government standards.
- Provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, Firewalls, etc.)
- Configure, setup and monitor Cisco Firewalls, Security ports, Switches, VPN Concentrators and Security
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from NEC Director, and Network Operations Center Supervisor, NETCOM 106th Brigade, Garrison Command Staff, LAN Administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Excellent technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- CISSP Certification required
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus
- Additional certifications required by management
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal in the English language
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Availability to respond during emergency if Network malfunctions
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification preferred