Company: GC&E Systems Group
Job Title: Security Lead Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA
Manages Others: Yes
Employee Type: Full Time
Experience: 5+ Years Experience with Security Systems
Education: Associate Degree preferred
Relocation Cost Paid: None
GC&E seeks an individual with experience designing, installing and maintaining commercial/government physical security equipment and installation services. The qualified candidate will be well versed in commercial CCTV, Access Control Systems, Biometrics, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Low Voltage Wiring. This Security Lead Technician will be responsible for installing and maintaining customer security equipment. This position will oversee other security/cable technicians on small, medium and large projects.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints
- Manager other technicians on projects and be responsible for labor hours
- Ability to successfully install complex security systems, to include: IP CCTV cameras, VMS, card access, IDS and associated cabling/power requirements
- Conduct site surveys as necessary
- Troubles shoot and repair commercial security systems
- Troubles shoot computer networks: VLAN’s, switches, Power-over-Ethernet in regards to security equipment
- Applicants must have 5 years experience with security systems and solutions
- Extensive experience with IP CCTV systems
- Experience with Card Access Systems and IDS
- Current alarm or access control certifications a plus
- Prefer associate/technical degree
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written skills to prepare customer proposals
- Candidate must have good computer skills in MS Office, Visio and understanding of IP networks
- Must have good driving record; pass pre-employment background and drug screen
- Willingness and ability to communicate and deal with a variety of people
Overnight travel is required about 5% of the time in the Southeast.
Former military and/or government experience a plus.
Previous manufacturer experience or certifications with: Arecont Vision, Axis, Bosch, OnSSI, Pelco, Sony and UTC Fire & Security are a plus.
Compensation package includes strong hourly rate plus OT, comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance and 401(K) plan. All candidates must pass criminal, drug and DMV checks. EOE / Drug Free Workplace Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org