AV Engineer - Atlanta
- Job Title: AV Engineer
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: 5+ Years
- Education: High School or GED
- Relocation Cost Paid: None
- Travel: 50%+
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. is seeking an AV Engineer to provide support and leadership on multiple projects for both Government and Commercial customers. The AV Engineer will be responsible for the development of AV and IT systems infrastructure and engineering documentation as well as field implementation and oversight activities. The ideal candidate has strong analytical & technical skills with a passion for finding solutions to complex problems. Must be a self-starting, highly detailed professional that does as well behind the rack as they do in front of the customer. *Must be located in or around the Metro Atlanta area.
- Develops highly detailed documentation of AV and IT systems including both the logical and the physical components
- Participates as the installation representative in stakeholder meetings
- Serves as onsite technical lead and provides field engineering and troubleshooting services
- Prepares design packages for customer review and for use during installation
- Develops the AV systems cable list of materials and cable running lists
- Oversees the AV systems installation activities
- Monitors and reports on daily installation activities and status
- Performs systems test
- Supports formal System Acceptance Test (SAT)
- DoD Secret or Top-Secret clearance highly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and/or serving as lead installer for complex audio-visual systems
- Must have minimum secret clearance (or be able to re-up if it is dormant)
- CTS certification preferred but not required.
- Willing and able to obtain is a must.
- Most training and certifications are reimbursed by the company upon successful completion.
- Travel will take place in surges, often spending several weeks at the job sites and at other times, spending several weeks or months supporting projects from our corporate facilities.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and grow outside the bounds of the AV world
- High School or GED
- Control system programming or digital signal processing (DSP) configuration preferred.
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.