Lead AV Technician
- Job Title: Lead AV Technician
- Location: Nationwide
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level:Technician
- Travel: 80%
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to serve in the role of the Lead AV Technician.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing the team on the ground for physical installation of AV systems.
- Managing the day to day tasks assigned and reporting back to project lead on a regular basis.
- Have a thorough understanding of AV systems and signal flow in order to lead other onsite techs in installation practices within the expected standards.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance with SSBI Investigation
- Computing environment certification
- Strong grasp of Audio & Video including signal flow, equipment functionality, control, and programming.
- Competent with managing crews, and leading physical installations of the project from start to finish.
- Thorough understanding of basic networking principles, and troubleshooting AV equipment
- Extensive knowledge and recent work experience with low voltage cabling, installation, and termination
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and engineering documents.
- Experience with installation & configuration of audio visual systems from cabling to powering on equipment
- Competent using test equipment
- Comfortable working with other trades and mentoring less experienced technicians.
- Ability to fabricate equipment racks according to current standards
- Must be trainable when necessary, and willing to take the initiative to retain the information (i.e. taking notes, recording the training, etc.).
- Professional, reliable, honest, courteous, and team-focused
- Must have your own tools
- 3-5 Years of experience directing other technicians’ field activities and maintaining quality control standards
- Infocomm CTS certification preferred.
- PC and Smart phone proficient
- Windows proficient
- MS Office Suite Proficient
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.