Cabling Technician - Atlanta
- Job Title: Cabling Technician
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: 3-5 Years
- Education: High School Diploma (Technical School Graduate is a plus)
- Relocation Cost Paid: None
Cabling Technician for a contract for the move, add, and change work in a campus environment. No previous experience needed. Candidate will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing network data cables. Candidate will also be responsible for maintaining communication rooms, cable supply inventories and associated documentation.
Essential Job Functions
- Label, pull and terminate cables
- Install data equipment including data racks, patch panels, cable trays, etc.
- Test all installed cable using appropriate testing equipment
- Document all information on all cable and equipment
- Installation of voice lines to various types of phone equipment
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent employer in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company for which they work
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with customers in person and over the phone
- Able to read and follow instructions with little or no supervision
- Provide installation for customers IT hardware including but not limited to: PC, Printers, servers, network switches
- Troubleshooting basic networking issues
- Basic understanding of network cable installation a plus
- Basic understanding of voice and data architecture is a plus
- Ability to work different hours, may require working on weekends, overnight stays are required
- Ability to work in different environments including inside, outside, confined spaces, new construction, existing work environment, and on a ladder
- Must be able to operate most electrical tools (drill, circular saws, reciprocating saw, etc.)
- Construction and Electrical background is a plus
- State License not required, but a plus
- Ability to pass a drug screen, background check and reference check
- Valid driver license. Some positions may require a clean DMV record
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.