- Position Name: Commercial Security Estimator
- Company: GC&E Systems Group, Inc.
- Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: 3-5 Years
- Education: 4-year Engineering or Business Degree or equivalent Technical Degree
- Relocation Cost Paid: None
GC&E seeks an individual with commercial experience estimating and designing IP Based Video Camera Systems, Video Management Software (VMS), Electronic Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, IP Intercoms, Electronic Locking Hardware, Wireless Locks, Physical Security Cloud Solutions, ISP and OSP copper and fiber telecommunications cabling systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend site visits
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Perform blueprint take-offs and create SCLC spreadsheets
- Develop an estimating spreadsheet for material and labor pricing
- Develop submittal packages (cut-sheets, rack elevations, device locations, pathways, etc.)
- Provide end of project closeout documentation (as-builts, test results, camera schedules, etc.)
- Generate quote or proposal for customer
- Communicate effectively with the sales team
- Generate project change orders
- Provide sales and field technical support
- Work with subcontractors in obtaining costs for services outside of GC&E’s core competencies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in MS Word, MS, Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Outlook, AutoCAD
- Revit, Bluebeam and Google Earth experience a plus
- Ability to use a scale ruler and a digital scale
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints and specifications
- Have the ability to work long hours, when required
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of telecommunications and security materials and installation methods
- Skilled in written and oral communications
- Able to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- 3+ years of field and 2+ years of estimating experience
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.