Commercial Security Technician III - Augusta, GA
- Position Name: Commercial Security Technician
- Company: GC&E Systems Group, Inc.
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: 10+ years Technician Experience
- Sign-On Bonus: Up To $2,500.00 DOE & Certifications
- Education: High School, Trade School, College
- Relocation Cost Paid: None
GC&E Systems Group seeks experienced Commercial Security Technician for CCTV/Access Control work in our Augusta office. GC&E is a market leader in turn key low voltage installations and service.
GC&E offer customers the following equipment and services: structured cabling systems, security and access control, CCTV, paging systems, and staff augmentation for long term contracts.
Under limited supervision the Electronic Security Technician possesses complete technical competence on all security and ACS systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through very complex problem resolution. Responsible for programming, commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of security and ACS systems per contract obligations. Provides detailed information to communicate design to customers, installation or service team and subcontractors.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with maintaining customer relationships based on dependability and honesty.
- Ensure that long term customer relationships are protected by providing value added services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending manufacturer training, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for all purchases of parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies above those outlined in the approved materials list or job cost records.
- Assist with performing a variety of tests to determine whether product functions as specified: determine cause of product failure; analyze test results.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer, other personnel on-site, and company personnel.
- Responsible for keeping the Project Manager aware of the status of the job’s performance needs on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Review job files. Review all pertinent data including job layout drawings, specifications and other technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
- Review material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs. Document and report any material discrepancies as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies that are released to technician’s custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule, personally responsible for the quality of work performed.
- Responsible for accurately completing all required documentation (i.e., timesheets, service acknowledgements, quotes, inventory transfer sheets, inspection certificates, etc.) Forward or bring these documents to the office as soon as possible.
- Assist with the completion of all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks, as required.
- Assist with solving technical challenges as they arise. Help to resolve potential problems before they can have a negative impact on the customer and the company.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
- May mentor other Electronic Security Technicians on tools and technology. Serves as a Security Team technical resource. May assist sales in development of cost estimate on complex projects
- Performs site-specific training for owner / operator on the total system
- Assists engineering and sales by providing technical recommendations to produce job layouts and bid proposals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Must have driver’s license and good driving record
- Computer literate including Outlook and the Internet
- Ability to travel as required
- Comfortable with taking direction from others
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be able to follow procedures
- Must have excellent communication skills with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Must be in full compliance with company and customers safety program
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
- Systems Experience with the below manufacturers a plus:
- Software House
- Axis Communication
- Honeywell IDS
- Open Options
- Bosch IDS
- High School Diploma or GED, Technical College Training plus five years’ experience in installing commercial security systems
- Successfully completed basic access control/CCTV/Intrusion Detection Systems manufacturer training
- Must possess a thorough understanding of access control/CCTV/ Intrusion Detection Systems via on-the-job training, online training, and/or individual research
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.