Computer Network Support Specialist - Fort Polk
- Position Name: Computer Network Support Specialist
- Company: Fort Polk, LA
- SCA Wage Category: Computer Operator II
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Technician
- Travel: Negligible
As the Computer Network Support Specialist, you will provide remote and deskside Help Desk support to general users and VIP/Priority users. Support includes active directory account creations, shared drive permissions, local and network printer installs, software uninstall/reinstalls, and basic software and network troubleshooting. More detailed support may be required in troubleshooting detailed organization specific software, network printer/multifunctional devices and the ability to identify/replace faulty warranty supported hardware.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Diagnose computer errors and provide technical support
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, printer and basic network issues
- Provide quality customer service skills
- Utilization of ITSM Remedy ticketing system
- Complete workload within contractual timeframes
- Provide additional availability to support associated tasks
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Windows 10
- Safe Driver Training
- Understanding of the C4IM services list
- Understanding of I3A standards
- CompTIA Security+ certified
- Must obtain Computing Environment certification within 6 months of hire
- MS Office Suite Proficient
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.