- Posting Date: 3/5/2019
- Position Name: ISP Switch Technician
- Company: GC&E Systems Group - Fort Campbell, KY
- SCA Wage Category: Telecommunication Mechanic II
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Intermediate
- Travel: Negligible
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to assist the government to operate and maintain the Information and Infrastructure systems for Fort Campbell and all remote sites.
Essential Job Functions:
- Augment the Government in the O&M of the main switch, remote switches, Communication Nodes, voice mail systems, TMS, VoIP, and ancillary equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Maintain, install, move, or remove cable and ancillary equipment associated with the ISP
- Identify, correct, and clear trouble calls for ISP problems, equipment, network connectivity and outages
- Support the providing of remote diagnostics, parts and material repair or replacement
- Facilitate Tier III/OEM support, monitor and report alarms, technical document updates
- Perform monthly maintenance routines, weekly switch image backups and maintain all required system records
- Prepare/submit all ISP/Switch Reports/Deliverables
- Ensure IA compliancy for the network infrastructure and circuits associated with the E911 system
- Provide 24x7 911/E911 interface with the local Directorate of Emergency Services (DES)
- Input service requests into the E911 database and assist in reconciling Public Safety Answering Point errors
- Test back-up power / battery banks
- Perform operator level maintenance IAW OEMs specified maintenance procedures.
- PMCS all batteries monthly and coordinate to schedule Authorized Service Interruptions (as required) for load testing
Experience with the following:
- 5ESS switching equipment
- Voice mail
- Telephone Management System (TMS)
- C4IM Service List
- I3A Standards
- EIA/TIA Standards
- COOP/DR Planning and Execution
- DC Power Plant O&M
- MS Office Suite
- Remedy and TMS
- IT-III IT Level
- IAT-I IAT Level
- Computer Environment Certification
- SECRET Clearance with T3 Investigation
- Antiterrorism Level 1 Training
- iWatch Training
- Level 1 OPSEC
- BICSI Certification
- Safe Driver Training
- OSHA Training
- Acceptable Use Policies (AUP)
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.