IT Systems Support Engineer
- Position Name: Systems Support Engineer
- Company: GC&E Systems Group, Inc.
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: Minimum 4+ years of IT Experience
- Education: Associates Degree
- Relocation Cost Paid: None
The IT Systems Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to company staff as well as maintaining technology infrastructure, software, and network services. The Systems Support Engineer must have a strong understanding of Office 365 / SharePoint administration and end user support, end user desktop support, network and server topology, and virtualization. This person will also research new technology and best practices that are relevant to the IT operations. The Systems Support Engineer will be responsible for implementing the changes when appropriate to ensure efficient, security and standardization across the enterprise. This position will be a foundational member of the IT team that includes network and cybersecurity expertise. This position reports to the VP of IT and Cybersecurity.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Administer users, email, OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype in O365
- Provide first level Help Desk support for end users that includes break/fix support, add/move/changes and peripheral devices (ie: printers, phones, tablets).
- Responds to incoming support incidents (i.e. telephone, chat, email, and text) in a timely, professional manner
- Evaluates incoming issues and gives assistance utilizing the appropriate support information and documentation
- Makes entries for incoming issues and all activities that pertain to any existing issues within the support desk tracking system. Entries are accurate, detailed, and include all required fields
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Utilizes correct escalation procedures on all irresolvable issues outside the range of his/her expertise
- Reviews all technical information pertaining to supported products, including new and updated information as it becomes available
- Utilizes available lab equipment and other resources to effectively troubleshoot issues. Returns resources to proper working condition when done
- Maintains/renews industry certifications
- Responsible for installing and configuring custom and commercial software (Windows, Office, other tools)
- Manage desktop deployment and OS images
- Deploy and maintain servers to support business processes and applications
- Administer Active Directory domain, DNS and DHCP
- Maintain and support IT networking infrastructure which includes networking, wireless, MDM and firewalls
- Execute, monitor and verify integrity of backups of data and critical systems
- Promote efficiency of routine operations by increasing standardization, creating automation and scripting of tasks
- Perform maintenance tasks off-hours to reduce business disruption or downtime
- Maintain documentation of IT environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience / Education / Technical Skills
- Associates Degree in an IT field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong IT Skills in infrastructure support, security, server administration, and networking
- 3+ years in Office 365 user support and administration (OneDrive, SharePoint, Outlook, Skype)
- 4+ experience in desktop support for Windows 7, 10
- 3+ years in an Computer/Network Infrastructure support role
- 4+ years supporting Windows 2012/2016 servers and Active Directory
- Experience in Remote Desktop Services and Powershell
- 1+ years designing, supporting and implementing VMWare infrastructure
- One of the following MS certifications required: MTA, MCSA, MCSE
- Excellent Windows OS troubleshooting experience required
- Extensive desktop troubleshooting experience required
- Proven ability to quickly identify problems, form solutions, and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must have visual acuity
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Desire to continually learn and grow
- Outstanding listening and communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances
- Willingness to work, train, exchange skills, and share knowledge with co-workers
- Happy, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and with users with varying technology skills
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.