Information Assurance Engineer - Intermediate
- Posting Date: 12/10/2021
- Position Name: Information Assurance Engineer - Intermediate
- Location: Fort Bragg,NC
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or able to obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Intermediate
- Travel: Negligible
As an Intermediate Information Assurance Engineer on Fort Bragg, you will:
- Install and configure Win OS, ACAS, McAfee HBSS, and McAfee Antivirus.
- Diagnose and resolve problems and issues associated with IAVM, HBSS, and device patch management.
- Perform HBSS policy development and management and provide customer support related to HBSS and antivirus issues.
- Perform vulnerability scanning and reporting.
- Perform vulnerability remediation through use of automated tools, e.g., ACAS, etc, and provide support related to remediation and patch management issues to customers.
- Provide applications management for the applications and servers throughout their lifecycle to ensure functionality supports service delivery and to speed diagnosis and resolution of technical failures. This supports and maintains operational applications, while supporting the Government’s role of testing and improvement of applications.
- Install and configure other CS management systems as needed.
- Perform CS compliance support for customers as requested.
- Identify potential CS issues to the Government.
- Monitor all applicable service requests IAW C4IM service list for compliance.
- Assist the Government with CS functional support for assessments, authorizations, and documentation of fielded systems managed by the Fort Bragg NEC.
- Provide qualified and cleared personnel to support the Fort Bragg NEC with the RMF processes.
- Utilize the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) to record RMF activities such as control implementation of all applicable Security Controls as identified in information system security categorization IAW National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) SP 800-53 and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSSI) 1253.
- Assist the Government Capability Manager/Information System Owner (ISO) in ensuring that the IS are configured IAW DISA STIGs, and applicable patches and other CS requirements.
- Support the Government in following the DoD CS policy requirements set forth in DoDI 8500.01(Cybersecurity) and DoDI 8510.01(Risk Management Framework (RMF), AR 25-2 (Army Cybersecurity), and all associated DA Pamphlets for DoD Information Technology (IT), and their successors.
- Provide support for the independent assessment of compliance of IS with DoD RMF standards using DoDI 8510.01.
- Provide personnel with extensive experience with DoD security hardening, collection and assessment tools (i.e., STIGs, ACAS Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)) and experience with security architectures, and network access.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
Experienced with the following:
- Operate, configure, maintain administering, and report using a wide array of tools, processes, technologies, and applications such as HBSS, ACAS, NAC, PKI, RMF, eMASS, STIGs, log collection and analysis, IAVM, Incident Response Plans (IRPs), and SCAP.
- Perform vulnerability scanning (Nessus), remediation, cyber analysis, and problem resolution.
- Manage and analyze applicable system logs (ex: NetForensics)
- Perform incident trend and performance analysis
- Assist with CCRIs, and possess excellent customer, communication, and documentation skills.
- Cisco and Juniper firewalls
- Collect and analyze logs and full knowledge of the operating systems in use.
- C4IM Services
- Current DoD, Army and NEC SOPs policies, and processes.
- Common tools and applications include MS Windows, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, and Remedy.
- SECRET Clearance with Tier 3 Investigation
- 8570.01-M IAT-II Baseline Certification (Security+ CE)
- Computing Environment Certification (CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker)
- ITIL V4 Foundation (minimum) trained
- Threat Awareness and Reporting Program (TARP) Training
- Intelligence Oversight (IO) training
- DOD Cyber Awareness training
- Acceptable Use Policies (AUP)
- Antiterrorism Level I Training
- iWATCH Training
- Level 1 OPSEC Training
- Customer Service Training
- Safe Driver Training
- COOP Training
- Controlled Unclassified Information Training (CUI).
GC&E Systems Group, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate t