Lead Technician - Atlanta
- Job Title: Lead Technician
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: 3+ years
- Education: High School Diploma
- Relocation Cost Paid: None
A Lead Technician is the position, for move, add, and change work in a campus environment. Candidate must have previous experience. Candidate will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing network data cables. Candidate will also be responsible for maintaining communication rooms, cable supply inventories and associated documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Structured cabling installation, all media, in new and existing buildings
- Ability to understand and follow base building and electrical blueprints
- Lead and manage installation crew efficiently to maximize profitability
- Testing, troubleshooting, and documenting cable installations and telephony systems
- Build out of Telecom and Equipment rooms
- Adherence to BICSI standards, NEC, and local codes
- Interface with customer contacts in a professional manner
- Maintain updated documentation of current projects, labor hours, material, etc.
- Report any project changes, issues, or concerns to assigned contacts
- Conduct site surveys
- Attend project planning and progress meetings as needed
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of structured cabling installation experience
- Ability to install, test, and terminate copper and fiber cable
- Experience in leading crews and working multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- BICSI and manufacturer certifications a plus, but not required
- Basic computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Be able to pass drug screen and background check
- Ability to work different hours, may require working on weekends, overnight stays are required
- Ability to work in different environments including inside, outside, confined spaces, new construction, existing work environment, and on a ladder.
- Must be able to operate most electrical tools (drill, circular saws, reciprocating saw, etc.)
- Construction and Electrical background is a plus
- State License not required, but a plus
- Ability to pass a drug screen, background check and reference check.
- Valid driver license. Some positions may require a clean DMV record.
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.