Network Administrator - Fort Stewart
- Job Title: Network Administrator
- Location: Fort Stewart, GA
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Administrator
- Travel: Negligible
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to assist the Government with configuration management (CM) functional support for standardized planning, design, implementation, installation, O&M, and documentation of configuration hardware and software baselines, network diagrams, and physical elevation diagrams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use (CA Spectrum, Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, General Dynamix GEM-X, Sienna Sitemanager, RTM SwitchExpert, Microsoft DHCP, Unique CAIRS) to diagnose network connectivity and performance faults from the network endpoint component, through the PDS, through the routed and switched network backbone to as close to the destination system and application as possible.
- Diagnose and resolve problems at the physical and data link layers (including Wireless, Ethernet, DWDM, and SONET) and common problems at the network (IP) layer.
- Identify problems at the transport, session, presentation, and application layers.
- Monitors data communications network to ensure that network is available to all system users and resolves data communications problems
- Receives telephone calls from user with data communications problem
- Reviews procedures user followed to determine if specified steps were taken
- Monitors modems and display screens to detect error messages that signal malfunction in communications software or hardware
- Enters diagnostic commands to determine nature of problem
- utilizes diagnostic equipment to test connectivity of physical layer
- Instructs user on how to resolve common network problems
- Calls service technician for service when problem cannot be resolved
- Records number of daily data communications transactions and number of problems and actions taken
- Updates documentation to record new equipment installed, new sites, and changes to computer configurations
- Trains staff and users to use equipment
- Coordinates installation of or installs communications lines
- Performs in place upgrades or replacement of malfunctioning equipment
Experience with the Following:
- Unified Communications
- MS Office Suite and Windows
- Routing & Switching with Cisco
- NIPRNET, SIPRNET, DSN, ARNET, GUARDNET, DREN and SIMNET
- VoIP Networks
- CA Spectrum
- CISCO Prime
- Juniper OS
- I3A Standards
- IT-II IT Level
- SECRET Clearance with T3 Investigation
- IAT-II IA Certifications Comp-Tia Security Plus CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment Certification CCNA
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2-7 years experience
GC&E Systems Group, LLC offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.