Network Support Technician Associate - Fort Stewart
- Job Title: Network Support Technician - Associate
- Company: Fort Stewart, GA
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Technician
- Travel: Negligible
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to assist the Government with configuration management (CM) functional support for standardized planning, design, implementation, installation, O&M, and documentation of configuration hardware and software baselines, network diagrams, and physical elevation diagrams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor and respond to connectivity and performance trouble calls received from network users, and to alerts generated by various NSSM tools managed by the Government.
- Diagnose and resolve problems at the physical and data link layers (including Wireless, Ethernet, DWDM, and SONET) and common problems at the network (IP) layer.
- Assists in the development, configuration, installation and maintenance of network systems to include the LAN/WAN for the purpose of providing input for present and future network modalities
- Conducts analyses and testing of network systems for the purpose of documenting findings and ensuring efficiency and compliance with program requirements
- Coordinates LAN installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the purpose of evaluating components such as hubs, switches, and routers to achieve peak efficiency within the overall network connectivity
- Coordinates the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting of IP telephony system including switches, servers and phones for the purpose of ensuring the system meets the requirements
- Designs and implements new network hardware infrastructures for the purpose of ensuring efficient network usage, security, and management
- Identifies malfunctioning hardware and/or software for the purpose of implementing necessary corrective actions, resolving technical problems and providing ongoing support to the team for the resolution of complex network/server issues
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains network and application server hardware, network operating system software and peripheral network equipment for the purpose of providing access to local applications at main site
- Maintains field service parts and network equipment inventories for the purpose of ensuring system continuity and life expectancy
- Monitors LAN/WAN for the purpose of measuring performance and/or ensuring the secure and reliable operation of LANs
- Provides technical assistance, customer service and training for new network systems for the purpose of ensuring the efficient use of network systems
Experience with the Following:
- Unified Communications
- MS Office Suite and Windows
- Routing & Switching with Cisco
- NIPRNET, SIPRNET, DSN, ARNET, GUARDNET, DREN and SIMNET
- VoIP Networks
- IT-III IT Level
- SECRET Clearance with T3 Investigation
- IAT-I IA Certifications Comp-Tia Security Plus CE
- Computing Environment Certification CCENT
Preferred Education and Experience:
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.