OSP Technician - West Point
- Position Name: OSP Technician
- Company: West Point, NY
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full-Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Technician
- Travel: Negligible
As the OSP Technician, you will be responsible for addressing OSP related LSRs / trouble tickets; performing manhole, vault, handholes, telephone pole, and pedestal PMIs and repairing or replacing defective poles and pedestals. Performing cable locates for digging permits for proper cable identification.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Inspections of Telephone poles and pedestals
- Record GPS data for Telephone pole and pedestal locations
- Repair or replace defective poles and pedestals
- Installing new or additional telephone poles
- Inspections of manholes, handholes and vaults
- Identify all cabling traveling through manholes, handholes and vaults and document via butterfly drawings with identification markers
- Repair or replacement of cable related defects within the manholes
- Perform cable locates
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- OSHA Confined Space Training
- Safe Driver Training
- Experience with Fiber & Copper Test Equipment
- Heavy Equipment Operation Training
- Holocom Certification
- CAT5e/6/7 Installation experience
- Fiber optic cabling installation experience
- Fiber Optic Splicing
- Understanding of Plant-in-Place Drawings
- Understanding of I3A Standards
GC&E Systems Group, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.