PC Systems Specialist
- Posting Date: 12/10/2021
- Position Name: PC Systems Specialist
- Location: Fort Bragg,NC
- SCA Wage Category: Personal Computer Support Technician
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or able to obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Intermediate
- Travel: Negligible
As a PC Systems Specialist on Fort Bragg, you will:
- Perform tasks related to the implementation, administration, and support of MS Windows (Win) OS, including installation, software distribution, and implementation on client systems supported by the NEC
- Provide support for the MS Outlook e-mail users.
- Provide troubleshooting support for software and hardware.
- Resolve and document problems when installing and upgrading systems and software.
- Provide support for the administration of remote access systems.
- Provide troubleshooting and installation support for Nortel and Cisco VOIP desktop instruments.
- Support the implementation and adjudication of cybersecurity (CS) and security directives as promulgated by the Department of the Army Cybersecurity Directorate, CIO
- Recommend methods to improve NEC operations.
- Perform equipment and service-type inventory for data collection required for SLA. Provide customer support in the form of support desk
- Manage, configure, and troubleshoot C4/IM and services for office automation, which includes desktop personal computers (PC), laptop computers, notebook computers, hand-held computers, personal digital assistants (PDA), site licenses, system software and leasing of C4/IM and peripheral devices. Peripheral devices include any device designed for use with PCs to facilitate data input, output, storage, transfer, or support function such as power, security or diagnostics. System software includes software required for PCs operations, for example, OS, and PC office automation applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail, task management, graphics, and databases.
- Provide enterprise C4 systems, to include supporting software products that enable a desktop common operating environment and enforcing desktop configuration management, to include: mission database applications, desktop IAVA security standards.
- Support change management processes to enhance the Government’s control of the lifecycle of all changes, enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT services
- Update and maintain site content.
- Provide input to the Information Management Officer (IMO) to publish procedural guidance for mission/business-based requirements analysis, functional applications and data requirements definition and specification; and troubleshoot computer workstation incidents for the operational issues locally developed applications and systems.
- Provide systems administration (O&M), and provide input to the IMO to develop procedural guidance for O&M of servers, Cybersecurity (CS), and user accounts, including technical and operational aspects of server management.
- Provide content and access management and input to the IMO to develop procedural guidance for management of the directories and associated authentication systems to enable authorized users to access the various systems and capabilities (to include applications) within the data information structure.
- Provide service desk services including service desk and product support for COTS hardware and software, network support, repair service, including those dedicated to single applications and providing broad support for networks and desktop services (includes VOIP).
- Work with the NEC communications staff to resolve problems and install, move and remove telecommunications equipment and service.
- Monitor all work orders and trouble tickets for status and compliance with established timeframes for work performance.
- Support thin client desktop solutions IAW the Army approved product list (APL).
- Provide VoIP support to include installing, configuring and upgrading VoIP telephone instruments on an end- user’s desktop.
- Sort and route work orders and trouble tickets to the proper teams, assure customer information is correct.
- Ensure records are maintained. Add/Modify/Delete as necessary.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
Experienced with the following:
- Possess experience with common desktop applications and capable of learning new GOTs and COTs applications quickly
- Perform imaging
- Break/fix for all MS Windows laptops, desktops, applications, services loaded with Windows OS and VoIP (Nortel & Cisco) SW/HW end user installation and maintenance
- Perform research and analysis of application and automation improvements
- Possess excellent customer, communication, and documentation skills
- Common tools and applications include MS Windows, SharePoint, MS Office Suite, AD, SCCM, and Remedy.
- SECRET Clearance with Tier 3 Investigation
- 8570.01-M IAT-I Baseline Certification (Security+ CE)
- Computing Environment Certification (MCSA: MD 100 & 101 and/or approved equivalent)
- ITIL V4 Foundation (minimum) trained
- Threat Awareness and Reporting Program (TARP) training
- Intelligence Oversight (IO) training
- DOD Cyber Awareness training
- Acceptable Use Policies (AUP)
- Antiterrorism Level I Training
- iWATCH Training
- Level 1 OPSEC Training
- Customer Service Training
- Safe Driver Training
- COOP Training
GC&E Systems Group, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, dis