SQL Data Base Administrator (SQL/DBA)
- Posting Date: 04/02/2020
- Position Name: SQL DBA
- Location: Shaw Air Force Base (AFB), Sumter, South Carolina
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active
- Security Clearance Type: Secret / T3
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Intermediate
- Travel: Negligible
GC&E is seeking a SQL Database Administrator to be responsible for development and deployment of databases and similar systems within a customer IT environment. This position will integrate accurate and repeatable practices of database development, developing customer-specific capabilities, and validating consistency and integrity through system. This role will assist and advise management and/or leadership on the to design and implementation of the databases within an enterprise environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database problems, detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Manage a centralized MS SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014 Platform consisting of mission critical databases
- Implement SQL backups and operational automation using scripts
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
Required Minimum Skills:
- At least a 2-year college degree in any field and 1 year of experience in System Administration
- Must have experience in the following: MS SQL 2008R2 Administration, Configuration and Tuning, Windows 2008R2 tuning for MS SQL 2008R2, Army Gold Master configurations on MS SQL 2008 Databases, App Detective MS SQL 2008 scanning and remediating according to industry best practices.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT II (Security+ CE, SSCP, GSEC, CCNA-Security, GICSP, CySA+) IAW DoD 8570.01-M.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations (v4)
- SECRET Clearance with T3 Investigation
GC&E Systems Group, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.