Commercial Security Technician - Service - Atlanta
- Position Name: Commercial Security Technician - Service
- Company: GC&E Systems Group, Inc.
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Experience: Minimum 4+ years of Technician Experience
- Sign-On Bonus: Up to $2,500.00 DOE & Certifications
- Education: High School, Trade School, College
- Relocation Cost Paid: None
GC&E Systems Group seeks experienced Commercial Security Installation/Service Technician for CCTV/Access Control work in our Atlanta, GA office. GC&E is a market leader in turn key Security installations and service. GC&E offers customers the following services: security, access control & CCTV.
Under limited supervision the Security Installation/Service Technician possesses complete technical competence on all security and ACS systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through very complex problem resolution. Responsible for programming, commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of security and ACS systems per contract obligations. Provides detailed information to communicate design to customers, installation or service team and subcontractors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installation of access control hardware and devices
- Installation of IP cameras
- Programming of CCTV VMS systems
- Programming of access control systems
- Programming of intercoms
- Experience in troubleshooting of access control and CCTV systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Must have driver’s license and good driving record
- Computer literate including Outlook and the Internet
- Ability to travel as required
- Comfortable with taking direction from others
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be able to follow procedures
- Must have excellent communication skills with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Must be in full compliance with company and customers safety program
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
Preferred Experience & Certifications a Plus
- Systems Experience with the below manufacturers:
- Genetec, OnSSi, Axis Communication, Open Options, Software House, Paxton, Vanderbilt, Lenel, SALTO, Allegion, Assa Abloy
- Successfully completed basic access control/CCTV/Intrusion Detection Systems manufacturer certifications
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.