Senior Systems Administrator - Fort Stewart
- Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
- Company: Fort Stewart, GA
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Administrator
- Travel: Negligible
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to assist the Government with configuration management (CM) functional support for standardized planning, design, implementation, installation, O&M, and documentation of configuration hardware and software baselines, network diagrams, and physical elevation diagrams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Government with management and administration of enterprise systems.
- Perform the following: Active Directory Management; Systems Center Management; Messaging Management; Clustering Services; Backup and Restoration; Network Access Control; Network Authentication and Services; Remote Access; Operations Management Services; Anti-Virus/Network Threat Protection; Relational Database Management; SharePoint/Collaboration Services; and Virtual Server Services.
- Perform enterprise systems management, including fault determination, performance management, environmental monitoring, configuration management (coding/scripting/patching global and group policy), and security management of both classified and unclassified systems.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Oversees the maintenance of data files and the monitoring of system configurations to ensure data integrity and develops procedures for and manages system backups and disaster recovery
- Responsible for overseeing the creation, modification, and deletion of user accounts; addition of software drivers; and connections of systems to the network
- Establishes, documents, and enforces system administration policies and procedures
Experience with the Following:
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2
- VMWare, SharePoint
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- STIG and IAVM Compliance
- SQL Database
- Microsoft SCCM/SCOM
- NAS/SAN Equipment
- Domain Controller/DHCP/Remote Access Controller Equipment
- Army Golden Master Program
- RMF accreditation
- DNS registrations
- System Upgrades and end user instrument configuration
- IT-II IT Level
- SECRET Clearance with T3 Investigation
- IAT-II IA Certifications Comp-Tia Security Plus CE
- Computing Environment Certification MCSA
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.