Systems Administrator - Fort Polk
- Job Title: System Administrator
- Company: Fort Polk, LA
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or Able to Obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Technician
- Travel: Negligible
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to assist the government to operate and maintain the information and infrastructure systems for Fort Polk and all remote sites.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Manage File access control permissions
- Coordinate file access with customers
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to government policies.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Manage servers and data
- Monitor and troubleshoot all servers for availability
- Plan and schedule the installation of Government-approved, new or modified hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Test government-provided software and continually review IT hardware and software to ensure it is responsive to end user needs
- Administer accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Maintain, update and correct systems configurations to resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Computing environment certification
- SQL Database
- CompTIA Security+ certified
- Must obtain Computing Environment certification within 6 months of hire
- MS Office Suite Proficient
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.