Systems Engineer - Intermediate
- Posting Date: 12/10/2021
- Position Name: Intermediate Systems Engineer
- Location: Fort Bragg,NC
- SCA Wage Category: Exempt
- Shift: 1st
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active and/or able to obtain
- Security Clearance Type: Secret
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Intermediate
- Travel: Negligible
As an Intermediate Systems Engineer on Fort Bragg, you will:
- Create and maintaining various Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) in support of Layer 2 requirements.
- Plan, prepare, implement, install, O&M network connectivity to the Fort Bragg ICAN.
- Update and apply Cisco and Juniper Operating System (OS) patches and software enhancements.
- Apply and maintain appropriate Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) configurations for various Cisco/Juniper Network Switching Devices.
- Install and configure General Dynamics Keying Generator (KG-175D) and KG-175A/G network encryption devices to include updating Communications Security (COMSEC) keys.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair any network issues or problems related to network connectivity to include associated VLAN, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), or Virtual Protocol Label Switching (VPLS) related problems.
- Attend working groups and architectural design meetings for proposed changes to the network architecture on Fort Bragg.
- Make recommendations and propose change to improve network performance of the network on Fort Bragg.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
Experienced with the following:
- Installation, configuration, support, design, documentation, provisioning and troubleshooting of various Juniper and Cisco Network Routing/Switching devices, networking tools such as Cisco Prime, Junos Space, NetCool and SolarWinds and TACLane encryption devices.
- Possess a thorough understanding of network protocols to include Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Protocol Label Switching (VPLS), Wireless, Wireless Authentication and Cisco Unified capabilities.
- A thorough understanding on security policies and vulnerability assessments (ex: STIG/SRG//RMF/CCRI) to apply technical standards and policy to network topologies and to remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Skills to troubleshoot and repair issues via touch labor and/or remote access.
- Common applications include MS Windows, SharePoint, MS Office Suite, and Remedy.
- SECRET Clearance with Tier 3 Investigation
- 8570.01-M IAT-II Baseline Certification (Security+ CE)
- Computing Environment Certification (ex: JNCIA-Junos (JN0-103) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- ITIL V4 Foundation (minimum) trained
- Threat Awareness and Reporting Program (TARP) Training
- Intelligence Oversight (IO) training
- DOD Cyber Awareness training
- Acceptable Use Policies (AUP)
- Antiterrorism Level I Training
- iWATCH Training
- Level 1 OPSEC Training
- Customer Service Training
- Safe Driver Training
- COOP Training
- Controlled Unclassified Information Training (CUI)
GC&E Systems Group, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.