- Posting Date: 04/02/2020
- Position Name: Voice Engineer
- Location: Shaw Air Force Base (AFB), Sumter, South Carolina
- Employee Type: Regular Full Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active
- Security Clearance Type: Secret / T3
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Job Level: Intermediate
- Travel: Negligible
GC&E is seeking a Voice Engineer to be responsible for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Secure VoIP (SVoIP) operations.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and operate the VoIP/SVoIP infrastructure
- Author VoIP Policy document(s) defining the business requirements, system architecture and general configuration parameters.
- Review configuration specification(s) defining software configuration required for VoIP equipment to implement new features, functions or equipment.
- Author, maintain, and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) defining normal day-to-day installation, operation and troubleshooting processes for new VoIP new features, functions or equipment.
- Provide Technical, Troubleshooting, Problem resolution support for system wide problems.
- Prepare VoIP Policy defining the business requirements, system architecture and general configuration parameters.
- Prepare, review and mange Change documentation of any proposed change to the VoIP solution
- Create, review and mange Change Control Board (CCB) requests for approved changes:
- Maintain configuration specification web pages defining VoIP software configuration required for VoIP equipment to implement new VoIP features and functions.
- Review Approved Software specification web pages listing software features required for successful operation of particular equipment when used in a specific role in the enterprise network
Required Minimum Skills:
- 4 year college degree in an IT related field and 3 years of experience in VoIP/VoSIP.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT II (Security+ CE, SSCP, GSEC, CCNA-Security, GICSP, CySA+) IAW DoD 8570.01-M.
- Relevant Computing Environment (CE) Certification from a manufacturer of equipment related to IP Telephony discipline such as Cisco Certified Networking Associate in Collaboration (CCNA: Collaboration) or Cisco Certified Networking Professional in Collaboration (CCNP: Collaboration) or Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS) or Microsoft MCSE: Productivity or CTP: Certification Partners Convergence Technologies Professional or SIP School VVoIP Professional (SSVVP).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations (v4)
- SECRET Clearance with T3 Investigation
GC&E Systems Group, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.