Telecommunications Mechanic I - Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico
Date: February 4, 2018
Job Description: Telecommunications Mechanic I – CSR / I&R / OSP
This is a full time position with GC&E Systems Group with the hours of 0730-1600, Monday –Friday with a 30 minute lunch.
- Assist in Maintaining, installing, de-installing, removing, and moving all instruments, service lines, and LAN service associated with work order requirements to include labeling
- Assist in installing and relocating telephones in coordination with customer point of contact
- Assist in the performance of scheduled preventative maintenance and rehabilitation of all cable distribution systems including maintenance holes
- Install, restore, maintain, repair, test, splice, and remove all cable associated with the ATS from the point of demarcation to the installation point for the required service
- Perform all outside cable work supporting the plant infrastructure of the site including required Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services
- Adhere to all site guidelines dealing with OSP cable
- Maintain assigned test equipment
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Must have a BICSI Certification
GC&E offers a good compensation benefits package. All candidates must pass criminal, drug and DMV checks. EOE / Drug Free Workplace.